Monday, March 23, 2009

Cloudy

So all of our tag clouds have "Friend," and - to a lesser extent - "friendship," but vary slightly in tone. The earlier letters have a lighter tone of hope despite despair while the later letter is significantly more...uh...depressing.

The Juxta thing is cool in some ways but really I'd rather just print them off and analyze them myself...

1. Did M.S. write 3 different noels?

Yes...technically, as the editing and such is different...but so far as the interpretation and intention match then perhaps they are not so different.

2. What is the difference in those 3 passages, what is agreed to?
The tone is a bit different in each but each recognizes a desire for friendship.

3. How does digitizing those texts help us think about the different versions? (Hint: Visualization.)

They don't effect me too much but that's because I prefer just reading them all myself. I do like the "quick/easy" visual assistance though. I just can't absorb it as deeply unless I do it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment